Saturday dawned bright and perfect, despite eminent warnings from Mr. Weather Man about a 90% chance of rain.
At the farm, things were beginning to be gorgeous. I take that back; the farm is always gorgeous (I assume, but it's a safe assumption). It was beginning to look wedding gorgeous.Back at the lake, we were all primping and washing and curling and doing all manner of beautifying.
In town, Levi was doing the same. It's your big day, Uncle Levi!
We arrived at the farm in the afternoon, and took a ride on the golf cart.
Because who doesn't want to do that?
Jonah would like to give you the tour, come along.
It just kept getting more and more lovely as the afternoon wore on!
You better get over here, Levi! Snarf that down and take a deep breath!
Lala made little jars of jam as the guest gifts, aren't they lovely?
The car arrived that had the flower girl's accessories, which caused happiness all over the place.
These little baskets to hold the petals, but inside was a little jewelry box.
With little pearls. Little flower girl sized pearl necklaces.
Little girl heaven.
This is Claire getting a pep talk. This photo was taken by the photographers, isn't it great?
This one, too.
Emmy decided to hang out with the maids of honor. She was in her element as well. Which is also funny, because I could say that about her sitting in a pile of dirt digging for worms. She's a very versatile child!
When I was scrolling thought Levi and Lauren's photos from their photographer, and I found this one. And I died.
We're ready, Levi! Let's do this thing! I mean *ahem* when ever you're ready.











2 comments:
Funny story Levi told me later: He had forgotten the ring at the house and when he walked in the house to get it (which should have been empty)he heard noises in the kitchen. He went to investigate and found his bride standing in the kitchen scarfing cookies! She had come to the house to calm her nerves and BREATHE. Levi said they stood in the kitchen together scarfing cookies and giggling about the silliness of all the stress. They agreed they could not love each other more at that moment.
Made me cry. Someday, I hope their love will be forever.
Thank you Jayne for capturing this time in words. I think I'll make into a book for them.
Post a Comment