Alright, let's finish this California trip up - there are things going on around this place that need to be blogged!
First thing Monday morning we were headed to Newport Beach to soak up some sun, play in the sand, and ultimately drink half of the ocean whilst boogie boarding.
I'm not sure why this smile is so pained. I promise she was happy to be there.
That's me and my boyfriend out there, being so cool and all.
This is one of my children, and I love her in all her mop-headed glory.
I love my little man child.
When Caleb thinks "beach" he thinks the blustery beaches of Oregon. When I think "beach" I think this.
I have definitely come to love the Oregon Coast, way mucho hugely... but I remain true to my SoCal Nativity. This is my favorite.
Amelia eventually gave up on clothing all together.
We lasted on into the day, and headed home at the point of exhaustion.
Because parks that live in places where it doesn't snow are always awesome.
Claire mastered the obstacle course with graceful style.
Then we hit the sack!
Then the next day...
Caleb left the house on his bicycle pointed towards the coast, and we left in the car because that's how we roll. We went here, because we're nerdy homeschoolers and "Nature Interpretive Center" sounded like our kind of place. It was!
There are supposedly gorgeous tide pools here, but the tide was in and we weren't waiting around 10 hours for it to be out. So we watched the waves for a while and soaked up some salty breezes and Daddy showed up on his bicycle so we headed back to
There are amazing swimming pools there. Amazing.
No snow. Things like this appear where snow doesn't.
Look at my gorgeous sister. She's growing a human in this picture.
Millie was a fish in another life.
We swam. And swam. And swam.
And eventually the cousins returned home from school and joined us, and showed us how Cali Locals do things.
The next morning we headed home, full of sunshine and happy memories and plans on returning soon!




4 comments:
I was beginning to worry about your lack of blogginess. Keep it going!!! (Dad and I check for something new every day)
Oh - and all the sunshine photos warmed my frozen soul! Dad says, 'you even got one of Millie not posing!'
Waaaaaaaa, I misssss youuuuuu guysssssss! Come back.
My heart aches to be here again!! Good post Jayne, keep em comin! :)
So glad you were able to make this trip before the cold icy realities of winter sets in.
Post a Comment