Tuesday, October 07, 2014

California Dreamin'

After we picked up the Dad (two hours late) in St. George, we kept right on truckin' down I-15 towards SoCal. Because if you're already halfway there, you best keep going. 

We arrived at our Aunt Bethanie's house that evening, and much happiness was to be had by all! What an awesome place to live. Seriously. She lives at (what feels like) a resort. Gorgeousness. 
 The next day, after church, we went to explore some tide pools. They're only 6 miles from her house, so duh.

Did I mention the gorgeousness? It was everywhere.

This one was all worn out from her Sabbath Day observances (church puts this kid to sleep every week) so she and Dad chilled in the shade until she was ready to be conscious. 


 This one was hammin' it up, but not on purpose. She can't help it.

 Aunt Beth is a tide pool pro, and taught us the names of a bunch of little critters.

 Hanna and her bump were enjoying the copious amounts of oxygen they have there at sea level. It's a wonderful thing.
My girls are a little bit ridiculously excited for this new baby girl cousin to arrive. We need more of those! Not that we don't love our boy cousins, cuz we do. So much.

 Speaking of girl cousins.

 Then Max spotted a dolphin! He was a ways away and I didn't get a good picture of him, but he was totes there. Counts.

There's something about the sea. Many poets have attempted to describe, and I won't. If you've been there, you know what I mean. 

 There were two Tide Pool Docents there, and they were adorable! They taught us cool stuff.

 We weren't planning on playing in the water, it being Sunday and all, but we did end up getting wet. A little. Not really possible to help that:)

The tide was coming in, so we headed inland as well.

That was the start of our adventures by the sea. Now if I can find my missing Monday pictures, I'll share them with you. Pray for me.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm missing that beach already!

Unknown said...

It's been almost 3 years for me... *sniffle*

JoAnn said...

You have an ocean too, Cam - it's just on the wrong side.
Such a happy time, Jayne, captured forever on your beautiful blog - hint hint - keep going!!!!
;)

Mustapha MaDish said...

Happy family!