Saturday, December 06, 2014

We're not done yet

Remember I told you that my bestest buddy DeAnn and her chosen one came to Zion with us? This friend of mine happens to be a photographer, and she just sent me her photos. 
 Feel free do die a thousand deaths of happiness with me as you gaze at her work.

 Sometimes I realize that they won't be little forever.

And I want to cry a little tear.

Then I remember that even when they're grown they'll still be mine, in a way. And I squeeze them a few hundred more times and send them out to play and be kids.

 This is DeAnn's chosen one, and he was chosen for good reason. Kids like him, which is just about the best compliment a person could receive, IMO.

 Years and years ago we had a Slade family reunion at this campground, and Caleb thought it would be appropriate to recreate a portion of that wonderful event. Specifically the part when Grandpa Tom cooked mountains of bacon.

 There was much bacon to be enjoyed by all.

 Also juice boxes, of which this child drank more than her fair share.

 DeAnn really has a knack for capturing the true character of her subjects. It's such a gift.

The characters that we had along with us were definitely worth capturing!

 *swoon*
This kid kills me. I need another son.

I love this kid! We spent the better part of our high school and college years together, and we got each other through it with style. Our own style, but style just the same.

Thank you for shooting my kids, DeAnn! You know what I mean.

Hold on, Emmy. I'm not sure I trust that railing. (breathe, Jayne)

 These two. I wish I had words for how much I love them. They are their own kind of style, too, and they fit so perfectly together it's amazing CJ ever got along without her!

 Look at this crew! This might need to be an annual thing. Way too fun for a one time deal.

And again, my dearest Hermie the Dentist - thank you for the photos!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done Hermie on the photos and well done Jayne on the gorgous-children-making.

Unknown said...

DeAnn you captured our frumpiness perfectly :)

JoAnn said...

That pic of you and DeAnn and said something about style - haha! Well, De seems to have developed some, anyway...