Monday, February 23, 2009
Jonah and the RSV
Just in case you needed to see a heartbreakingly sad picture, I've got one for you.
Jonah and I spent Wednesday night in the hospital this week, due to the lovely RSV. That morning when his lips went totally gray I knew this was more than just a cold that he was going to get over. It really has to be something serious to get me to take my baby into a hospital, and this was it.
After having blood drawn, xrays, snot tests, and an oxygen tube placed, the doctor told us that Jonah needed to stay the night, in case he was still getting worse. On the list of things that parents hate to hear, thats got to be way up there.
We were told that it might be a few nights, or at least we'd be taking oxygen home with us when we left.
Just before we had left for the hospital Caleb's Dad came over and assisted him in a priesthood blessing, in which Jonah was told to begin to heal from that time forth. That is exactly what he did. By the next morning they were able to completely take him off oxygen and we were able to go home. Today he's the exact same happy little guy that he was before, with a little left over cough included. So many prayers were said in our behalf, and I know that that is why we're doing so great now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oddly enough, he's the only person I've ever seen look comfortable in a hospital bed.
I'm glad he's doing better!
He looks so tiny and sad on that big ole bed! Poor little man. I'm so glad that he is feeling better!
Post a Comment