Canning cherries is the COOLEST! I'm totally hooked! I'm honestly looking forward to the next harvest, so I can Can some more! Can can? Did I just type that?
My blessed Sista Hanna drove over to help (thank you!!) (I love that she has her drivers license now) and she and I spent 9 hours washing and sorting cherries.
Then Karla came over and we got half of them canned. It was awesome.
The next morning, the kids and I were up and at'em and I stuck Jonah in the sink so I could clean up the work space before we started the next half.
Ok, so I loved canning. Hanna on the other hand...
Karla: "This job is 'the pits'!" (hardy har har)
Just kidding. They really did love it. I promise. I think.
And then, in one batch (and apparently this happens sometimes) one of the jars exploded. Yes, it's true. The bottom burst off. So when I opened the canner, this is what I saw!
1 comment:
Just close your eyes when you eat their deliciousness in the future. They are gorgeous and I've never canned before so I'm in awe.
Post a Comment