I'm not sure what I was thinking when I loaded the two kids into the party van and drove all the way to IKEA with no one else with me. It had a lot of potential to be a total disaster, but it wasn't! It actually was a lot of fun! I don't know who doped my kids, but they were scarily happy and good the whole time.
I heart family friendly parking. And Em was thrilled that we parked by the "HUGE 'E'!"
I'm crediting the fact that we ate first to why my kids were so happy.
It was (much to my happy surpise) Kids Eat Free week at Ikea. They both had macaroni and cheese and chocolate milk (for dessert)(cringe), I had a big plate of Penne with Maranara and we also got a huge bar of dark chocolate. The total bill? $3.00. How is that even possible?!
Then after a rest at the room, we began our quest to spend our hard earned yard sale dollars.
And I totally forgot about my camera.
But Emmy didn't.
Isn't that a nice name?
Those feather dusters there? Best kid entertainment ever. They sword fight all over the store, then we put them back when we get to the display by the check out. Perfect.
Waiting in the check out line. Yes, I did expertly manuver those two wheeled barges plus kids around the store. That was the part that could have been disasterous. But it wasn't.
I decided to put my captions under the photos instead of above them, did you notice?
Caleb just LOVES it when I shop at Ikea. It gives him a nice project for the entire evening. He didn't have anything better to do, right? (ha ha).
Emmy was all sorts of worn out after her big day. She definitely earned her siesta on the couch with an Apple Juice bottle.
Oh brother.
Almost done! Woo hoo! Do the happy dance!!
We should have gotten a movie of this. Crazy dance moves were busting out all over!
On second thought, most of the dance moves were mine. Let's all be very grateful that there isn't a movie.
5 comments:
I hope that big black organizer sat on the front room floor for at least a day! Yay for Garage sales!
Ikea is my Disneyland. I would like to think I'm not materialistic, but Ikea always reminds me that I am definitely into stuff. Lots and lots of stuff. Ooh, and I love to put stuff together, but Mac gets to do that in our family because he reads the directions and does things in order and doesn't screw them up. How is that fun?
Ikea is my Disneyland. I would like to think I'm not materialistic, but Ikea always reminds me that I am definitely into stuff. Lots and lots of stuff. Ooh, and I love to put stuff together, but Mac gets to do that in our family because he reads the directions and does things in order and doesn't screw them up. How is that fun?
That is the exact bookshelf i want! Still saving pennies... And the dancing is awesome! And i'm very impressed that you made it out of Ikea alive and sane. And why is chocolate milk cringe-worthy? Seems like a pretty healthy dessert all things considered :-)
Yes, I suppose that with all the other dessert options out there, chocolate milk isn't bad.
We've redefined 'dessert' around our house to mean 'Fruit Leather'!
Or at least we're trying.
Post a Comment