Thursday, August 20, 2009

He'll be fine, Jayne

Caleb just left. He's going to climb this mountain.
What is with these Kepsel boys? Who knows. He and Levi and two other guys are heading to the Teton's to climb Mount Moran, which is one of the peaks next to the Grand Teton - which Caleb climbed when he was 17.
And now he's off to Nab the next one. He packed his 4Runner up with all his gear, but I wasn't ready to say good-bye yet. So the kids and I piled into the Party Van and followed him to Levi's house.
It's a good thing I won't be sending my kids to Public School, because I'd be one of those Mom's who spied in the windows all day long to make sure they were okay.
My kids made quick work of the Chocolate Chip Cookies that Levi packed for the drive.
They decided that instead of the 4Runner, my Party Van would be a much sweeter ride. So they loaded all their stuffs into it, and then all my stuffs into the 4Runner, which the kids and I will now be driving to JoJo's later today.
I don't know who this person is, but it will be Caleb and Levi doing this tomorrow.
Be still my heart.
The decision to drive my van was wise, in my opinion, as they will be able to take turns sleeping during the drive up there. And recuperating on the drive home.
Oh dear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, Jayne! Those boys ARE crazy! It's a good time of year, though - a little more safe (as safe as that could get). When are you guys heading to Camp Loll?

karla said...

I try really hard to NOT think about what those boys are doing. When Caleb climbed The Grand, he wisely waited until he was down safely to let me know what he had done. Levi told me he was climbing Mt.Whitney (highest peak in the Sierra's), he said it was a hike (me the fool) and showed me pictures AFTER the fact.
My heart has been in constant prayer mode for the last 12 hours. Caleb said he'd call from the summit, but I haven't from them. Saving Grace - they are VERY safety conscience. THE MOM