Monday, August 24, 2009

While we were at my Mom's this past weekend my Sisters needed me to fill in a couple of baby-sitting hours for them. The parents had gone over night, but the Sisties both were busy the next morning. So my kids and I went over.
I didn't mind in the least bit, because I started baby-sitting this family when the oldest one was 6 months old (he's 13 now!) and baby-sat them all through the growing of their 4-kid family. They are life long friends, and we love them. And it had been a while since I'd seen them.
This is the view from their porch - my Mom's house is in there somewhere! Over by my ski hill.
Yes, my ski hill. These two went straight to the wonderland that is their back yard. Come, let me show you. John built this for his kiddoes forever ago, and ever since then I wanted my real house to look like this:)
Look at the shingles! Aren't they awesome? Sand box! Their swings are hung off the bottom of the deck - brilliant. It's so nice and cool under there, Eating breakfast with their dog Mandy (who, incidentally, I ran over with their suburban when I was sitting years ago.) (She lived.) This is their mine. John does nothing normal, you see. It's actually the toy garage, and underground buildings don't need permits to build! It comes out on the other side of the hill, so we had to venture through. Then the girls started playing Peter Pan! This is their trip to neverland:)
I love watching Emmy's imagination grow. And here we have mermaid lagoon!
They were keeping a close eye out for Hook. And here's Julianne going down the zip line! They convinced me to go down it too, which was awesome! Until I drug my leg across the rocks that she's gracefully gliding over (apparently I weight a little more than her) and ended up with some lovely bruises. Jonah was convinced that this was the proper way to ride a see-saw, and wasn't allowing anyone to tell him otherwise.
All in all, a great morning. Emmy keeps asking when we can go again:)

5 comments:

Amanda said...

That backyard is rockin!

Camille said...

Aw! so cute! You need to show these pics to Melissa, she would love them.

Momma Monkey said...

My goodness, that yard looks like every childs dream yard!

Diana said...

can I play?

Hanna Banana said...

Oh, you have no idea about the zipline, nit only did I drag across the rocks, but I drug accross the weeds with my butt and all accross the lawn, ouch. Thanks for filling in for me Jayne!!