Monday, August 17, 2009

JoJo's, Day tres

Saturday Dawned dismal. Freezing cold, pouring rain, not so good for standing in a field painting. Hanna and I met between our bedrooms just after 6am with very sad faces. After staring out the window for 15 minutes, being sad, we decided that the Flu wasn't worth it, and both went back to bed. I laid there for a little while and then decided that the Flu Was worth it, and got back up, got dressed, and went out and painted.
I had to check in over in Huntsville and get my canvas stamped, then I cruised over to the Ski Hill, opened up the back of the party van, and huddled down inside with all my artsie gear. It rained off and on, I ebbed and flowed in and out of hypothermia, and finished my painting just after noon. Right about the time it started to warm up outside:)
After I finished and turned in my painting, I headed back to Mom's where I found that my kids hadn't missed me much at all. (That's a sad relief.) They had just been up to the Garden foraging for their lunch. (In their jammies.)
This special carrot reminded me of a Barbie Doll. Who knows why?! Then Tess started acting strange. You never can tell with her. At around 5pm we headed over to the Balloon Festival party and checked out the art display. That's mine above there. It's the ski hill, in the rain. Sheesh, what a depressing subject, Jayne! Nearly 50 artisits participated! It was so neat to see all the pieces displayed, and see how many beautiful things can be created in such a short span of time. And hey! The Gal above in the sunglasses and black hoodie is my favorite best buddy Lori. She (and her 4 yr old daughter) supply Emmy with 90% of her wardrobe. I will love her for the rest of my life for that. She also owns Diamond Peak Mountain Sports, and employed me for the greater part of my teen years. I was going to get a better photo of my painting for ya'll, but my camera batteries died directly after snapping this incredible shot.
It's ok though, Camille is much cuter than my... uhmmm... I don't even know what to call it. My failed attempt at greatness.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I think you should call it.. "A Painting Despite Threat of Hypothermia". I think it turned out great!

Camille said...

Ummmm.... Isn't it illegal to post pictures of people without their written consent? I'm definitely getting a lawyer for this one.

Momma Monkey said...

Oh, I miss the balloon festival. I really need to get back to the Valley one day.

Anonymous said...

I love the barbie legs! HA! You guys are silly - that's why I love ya, bless yer heart!