Saturday, August 15, 2009

JoJo's, Day Dos - The Balloon Festival!

This, my friends, is the World's Largest Hot Air Balloon. I kid you not. And this year, it came to our little hometown festival! IS THAT COOL OR WHAT?! It was so weirdly cool. Watching all the balloon's take off from the field down in the valley, this one towered over them all. Then it floated up and looked like it was dancing along the tops of the mountains. So seriously strangely cool!
You can kinda see it in this photo. My Mom is going to be embarrassed at the state of her window's when she sees this photo:)
That whole window room is being replaced in a few weeks, so washing them has become less of a priority.
Tank has figured out how to open doors, so this morning (after letting himself out) he walked himself to JoJo's. We were happy to see him, he's always good entertainment. If you like drool, of course. Emmy read him a book, and he tried to look interested.
Hanna and I dropped the troops off at the park whilst we went and scouted out our places to paint the next morning (for the Plein Air Competition).
Jonah and JoJo hung out under the playground, 'cause Jonah is a digger boy.
Tess nabbed this cute shot of the girlie cousins. What is it about swings? I love them now just as much as I did when I was their age!
The 'kids' (Caleb, Cami, Hanna, CJ) went to the Gymnastic's Gym with our good buddy who works there, and she let them all in after the gym had closed so they had it all to themselves. I stayed home with the precious midgets, but I made them take the camera. They said by the end of the evening, All of them were able to do backflips! (Now I'm glad I didn't go.)
This is Hanna right after she died. When she came back to life, she wasn't feeling too good - something in her back didn't like doing backflips so much. When she woke up today, she wasn't even feeling up to doing the Plein Air competition with me, which was a bummer for both of us. Poor kid!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I feel cheated. I want to see pictures of the painting you did for the competition. Not that the huge bunny balloon wasnt cool, I just really enjoy your talent. Please share.

Diana said...

I second that motion.

The last two posts make me want to drive up there really bad. I'm not sure I can survive until Christmas without seeing everybody. Although blogs do help me get my Christensen fix to tide me over for a while...