I posted on here once about the 'firsts' you have with your kids. Things like haircuts, scabbed knees, sleep-over at Grandma's, things like that. You know, the normal stuff.
We had a first today that was unexpected, strangely amusing, weird, and a whole lot of fun!
Emmy's first professional modeling photo shoot!
Haha! That cracks me right up, I tell you what.
I do realize that by calling this a 'first' I'm insinuating that there will be a second, but that's certainly not in the planned future. I'm not that kinda Mom.
Kate called and said they were putting together the new brochures for The Chateaux At Silver Lake at Deer Valley (she works for a high-end resort marketing company), and they needed a little girl model. She raised her hand and said "I know one!"
The room where they were... I want to call it base camp, 'cause I don't know the real word, was where we went first to remove coats and get Emmy ready. The make-up artist was adorable with her 7-months-along-first-baby-belly, and Emmy loved the lip gloss.
This lady was packing the works.
This is a whole different breed of human from myself.
Thank goodness.
I was imagining her acting like she usually does in Sacrament Meeting and them kicking us out of the place.
I was being very sneaky with my own camera:)
I asked. They didn't mind.
She really wanted to zoom the cars all over the table, but she had to stay right there in the corner with 'her Mom' which I could tell was hard for her, but she kept on smiling and did what they asked.
This is why she will never do this professionally. She had to pretend to pretend! Do you know how confusing that is for a kid?
She did so great though, and had no complaints - I'm sure I was worried about nothing.
All in all, a great morning! We're always up for new experiences around here:)
3 comments:
Wow! A professional model in the family? I'll have to keep her in mind for my next photo shoot...
That girl's a natural! YOu guys sure do have such cute kids!
She's perfect. What a fun experience for her to have (and for you!)
Post a Comment