Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Two Days Too Many

Here we are finishing up day two of no Daddy, so here's the recap:
After a morning of avoiding the laundry mountain we headed to our favorite winter place: The Library! (In Summer it's our second favorite place. The garden holds the coveted first favorite spot)
Emmy was thrilled to discover that they had a new Corduroy book.
Jonah was thrilled to lay in this hole and 'read' books for the majority of our time there.
Emmy likes to try out lots of different spots. Basically where ever she picks up the book, that's where she plants herself.
I'm not eloquent enough to describe how much we love this place. I keep deleting my attempts, so I will attempt no longer. Just know that we love it.
Then we made a quick stop at the neighborhood redbox for some entertainment.
*sigh* Jokes! Not that redbox. This redbox. I'm about to watch the movie that I rented, and if it's really good then I'll tell you all about it tomorrow. If it's not then I'm saving myself some embarrassment. Not something I do very often.
Then it was a quick stop at Smith's for some food for our seemingly never satisfied tummies. We love food, what can we say?
After getting home we finally tackled the laundry pile. Literally, in the kid's sense. They were jumping in it like it was a pile of leaves until it eventually got small enough that they got over it. They're actually slightly helpful - their job is the socks. It takes them just as long to find and sort all the socks that it takes me to fold all the rest of the clothes, so it works out perfect.
Didn't you really want to know that?! I mean really? I'm signing off. It's becoming obvious to me that I don't talk to any one besides toddlers all day.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I think its cute that you have toddler speak mastered. I have junior high speak mastered, and then I realize I want to scream at them :) I love them, most of the time. I'm proud of your posting!

Becca said...

My kids do socks, too. It really cracks me up what a mess they can make with the folding (like undies and t-shirts need ironing after they're done with folding them - not that I'd ever, ever iron a t-shirt, I have a limit...) but the socks are right up their alley.

Camille said...

I especially love the fuel station. It's one of my favorite spots to stop off at on my way home. Take a quick dip in the deep blue while my transaction is going through... wave to the hot guys as they pass in their swim trunks... I'm telling you, Heber is the place to be!

Caleb said...

I am currently in a town that get this--Does Not have a Red Box...or McDonald's or Walmart...or well anything it seems. And People actually live here. Barely.