Saturday, January 16, 2010

The first thrilling installment

We went skiing on Friday!
Despite the questionably worth-it effort of getting two tiny people and their two pregnant not-so-tiny mommies onto a snowy mountain fully equipped for a day of skiing, it actually happened!
And then I only got two photos posted from my Mom's camera before the kids used their powerful powers to distract me from the computer. Then I went home to my home without the rest of the photos. That's why this is an installment, you see. The rest of the photos will have to follow next week when I see her and her computer again. That's why this installment is so thrilling, you see. I know that's why you stick around here: It's thrilling!
My Mom brought Jonah over while we were skiing so he could play and she could snap some photos. He thought the fastest skiers were the coolest ones. Go figure.
And there we are! Lainey in purple, Tess in black, Emmy in Red and me in Pink! Emmy was much more interested in running over the cones rather than going around them, but we saw nothing wrong with that. This isn't driver's ed, after all. We played there at the learner's hill for a long time (hour and a half), then Emmy begged and she and I went up the chair lift for a "real run" which ended half way down in a "I can't go on any father! My legs just can't ski any more!" meltdown. That was when I realized that it was past lunch time and we were way too tired and hungry to be skiing any more. So I skied her down in my arms, which resulted in a world of giggles - and isn't that why we ski? For the giggles?! That's why I ski! You should see my sisters and I! World of Giggles when we ski doesn't begin to describe!
Later she told me that she and I on that hill were just like two cars that had run out of gas, which I thought was a perfect description.
So I'll post the rest of the photos on here later, and if you're real lucky maybe I'll throw in a video clip or two. Or three.

3 comments:

Momma Monkey said...

What fun! Does it make you feel old that our kids are now old enough to learn skiing on the same hill we learned on 20 years ago? Yikes!

JoAnn said...

I still don't get the whole skiing thing, but I'm glad to watch and take pictures, and I'm glad my kids can pass the love on to their kids.

DEA said...

This is Katie...

SO cute! I can't wait for the rest of the pics :-) I love that Emmy loves skiing and i'm jealous that she is better at it than me! And is there anything cuter than munchkins in tiny ski gear? I think not.