Saturday, February 13, 2010

One party down, one to go

We had one killer birthday party this morning, let me tell you what!
We danced with the balloons while we waited for everyone to arrive, and you should have seen the moves those kids were bustin out! There was much happiness:) Then my bravery/craziness kicked in and we made valentines. There were stickers, glitter glue and markers flying everywhere.
It was awesome. And this character knew that his face was Valentine enough for me! The gift opening was great - everything was very mild and lovely. She got books from almost everyone! Her friends know her well.
Emmy's sitting on my lap at the moment, saying:
"Mom I was so happy when I got some presents - look how big my smile is!" "What I'm saying, Mom? I got a new Cinderelly! And her beautiful dresses. Why I'm pointing at it?" "Hahhaha! Look! My doctor glasses. I like em. They're weird on my nose."
She got a cute doctor set from Nathan, and they came with glasses! Isn't that random? *sigh* these cupcakes.
After getting home from my Mom's yesterday, Caleb headed off to work with the car seats still in his truck (which neither of us realized was a bad thing) and I went to make cupcakes and didn't have any eggs. I was much too tired (lazy) to go to the store even if I had had the car seats, so I started looking for something else to make.
I found 9 slightly freezer burned Rhodes Rolls.
I made mini-monkey-breads and figured I was pretty spiffy.
They didn't rise.
I cooked 'em anyway out of desperation.
Caleb got home at 10pm and looked at my failed birthday treat and said "I'm going to Smith's. I wouldn't even ask a 4 year old to eat that."
So at around midnight we finished up a batch of lovely chocolate cupcakes and the kids were grateful today. I'm positive.
Tomorrow: The Family Party

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! Happy Birthday Emmy! I can't believe that she's already 4! Where does the time go?

Holbrook's said...

It was a great party!! Tien had a blast, thanks for inviting her! She sure loves Emmy and Jonah!!