Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The entertainment continues

The kids were totally enthralled when the huge truck pulled up by our house this morning.
The Insulators were here to... well, insulate. Go figure.
Not sure if the "worker guys" were as enthralled with the kids who were yelling "HI!" at the top of their lungs through the closed window. But they smiled and waved:)
Next thing I heard was "See you later Mom, I gotta go help Pete with the poop."
Pete was taking the opportunity to rid his lawn of the local wildlife's winter deposits, and Emmy knew that he couldn't do it without her help. I was paparazzi'ing them. Apparently this specimen needed some study before removal. The worker guys were done by 2:00 and we moved back in to do our duties.
My duty being camera girl, Emmy's duty is picking up nails and screws, Caleb's duty is to do whatever Pete needs, and Jonah's duty is comic relief. Don't Emmy's shoes just really complete this outfit? Pete was digging in the dirt for the tub drain - which turned out to be a lot deeper than he expected. Emmy was, once again, indispensable. And this reminded me of being only slightly older than these two when my Dad built our house, and playing in the wall studs for what seemed like hours. We'd stand straight up between them and rock back and forth chanting "Tikki tikki tembo no sa rembo chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!"
You had to be there:)

4 comments:

Mac said...

Ha ha, I WAS there! Good times...

Becca said...

Hey - I loved that story. We used to chant that when we roller skated on our concrete basement floor. (and also listened to exceptionally groovy music on our enormous portable stereo.)

Anonymous said...

Sara says:

Reminds me of Sam and me when we were little!! : )

Anonymous said...

Sara says:

Reminds me of Sam and me when we were little!! : )