Saturday, May 15, 2010

Another weekend adventure

Who are we trying to kid - it's impossible to go to JoJo's and not have an adventure. Have you seen their driveway?
While Tess and I were diligently hard at work back at the ranch, the Grand's, an Uncle, a Dad and two midgets went exploring in North Fork Park. This photo looks like it should be in a magazine, doncha think? With an article about... something. Hehe. Brilliant, Jayne.
Turns out there was too much snow up there still. They were headed for the waterfall, but happily settled for the river. I don't think it's a phenomenon particular to my kids, but they could throw rocks into water for HOURS. In fact, sometimes they do.
Later that day they went to the Petting Farm. That's a mama pig you're seeing in there, nursing her piglets. I could relate. Especially with her messy appearance. And the mud.
Tess and I were still hard at work.
Emmy wasn't to keen on riding this horse last year - but apparently her fears are a thing of the past.
And Jonah rode it too! All the way around the pasture! That surprised me. Not that he's not brave. I'm just saying.
Oh dear. Welcome to Jonah heaven.
See Lainey's bottom lip? The swollen, purple, mooshed one? Three of her teeth went through that lip the night before. Not a happy moment. That's one tough kid, I tell you what.
And here's what Tess and I were diligently laboring at! Okay. Well. Mostly. Kinda.
It's almost done. *sigh*
I'd have to say 90% of the work we did all weekend was digesting food into milk, but come on! That's work, right?!

5 comments:

Diana said...

Digesting food into milk isn't just work. It's my favorite kind of work. Ever.

Camille said...

agh! so cute! I'm surprised Babo journeyed with them, that definitely made me smile lots. And Jonah on the tractor! I can't get over how cute your kids are and how much I miss them.

JoAnn said...

North Fork was Babo's idea!

Making milk and giving milk is a full-time job.

Holbrook's said...

I love your blog because I can hear your voice when I read it!!

Tess said...

I have to agree with that comment, I totally hear your voice in my head while i read your blog