Sunday, May 09, 2010

It's not about a baby.

So I know all you followers of Jayne's mad blogging skills will be a little let down that this is not about her adorable children or new baby pics or her fantastic and witty insights into our growing families lives but this is all I have to offer.
This last week whilst Jayne has been recovering from past things that need recovering from, I took advantage of the loving mothers that we have to escape to southern Utah.
Levi my older brother is starting a guiding service to take folks through some canyoneering locals in the state. We decided to try some areas new to us this weekend. This one is called Three Canyon.
Three Canyon in the Robbers Roost area starts with two short rappels to get into the main canyon.
Here is the first of two rappels.
Levi coming down the second rappel.
Once we hit the canyon floor the next couple hours were amazing. We no longer felt like we were in the desert at all. Little springs flow all over and the canyon is choked with life. Grass, Trees and a stream kept it cool and nice the whole hike.
Below we found some Pale Evening-Primrose (Oenothera pallida, in case you where wondering)
Don't black and white photos just work in the desert?
This last picture is the canyon exit. The only real obstacle the canyon presented. The exit is the wall right in front of us. Some previous person through here put a couple bolts in the rock to let you have a rope on the way up. All around a lot of fun and a great canyon. Thanks Levi and Dad for going.

4 comments:

Jayne said...

Caleb!

I love it when you blog.

And I love your forearms.

:)

Holbrook's said...

I soo sooo sooooo want to do this!!!

Jayne said...

Check out Caleb's blog for tons more photos of this trip - they're beautiful!

His is the 'Light Reactions' blog

JoAnn said...

So glad you went Caleb. Beautiful pics.