Monday, June 21, 2010

Come to Zion, come to Zion!

We're home:)
Oh how we love to go and see and do!
But really - what's better than coming home to your place in the world after going and seeing and doing in another part of it?
This time we went and saw Zion National Park. Again!
It's one of our favorite places in this incredible world, and we tend to visit it a lot. It hasn't gotten old yet, and I don't imagine it ever will.
The one single solitary drawback to Caleb's photography talent is this: The photos are never of him. This is Levi, who happens to be in most of Caleb's outdoorsie photos.
Caleb goes to some really awesome places and sees some amazing things, and lucky for the people who go with him because he gets great shots of them!
I'll have to send you over to Caleb's blog for more info (and great photos) on this little guy - apparently he's an endangered spotted owl and it was a once in a life time experience to see one.
Isn't he awesome?
I think one of the reasons that this park hasn't gotten old yet is our family is so different every time we go. The kids grow and can do different things, sometimes we have a baby and sometimes we don't, sometimes it's spring, sometimes it's fall, sometimes we camp, sometimes we hotel, sometimes we have aunts and uncles, sometimes it's just us!
No matter what the circumstances though, every trip has been incredible and memorable.
I just don't know of a more beautiful place on earth. And there are many beautiful places.
Zion is just a whole different kind of beautiful.
And I'm a pine tree loving mountain girl! Not a desert girl!
Zion is different. National Park's are very nicely named. What do you do in a Park? You play!
The reason for this particular trip was a reunion of this happy couple and these 4 'boys' and their families.
It is really going to be an amazing feeling to be 75 years old, and to look at the huge crowd of happy people around me and realize that this crowd is here because of me.
It's a weird thing to think about as I look at my three little babies.
Happy 75th Birthday, Grandpa Ben!
Thanks for getting us all together in a beautiful place.
Funny, I've only been a Kepsel for 6 years, but it feels more like forever. Probably because it will be forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I just got a bit misty....... :) You guys are the cutest!