Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hi. Here I am.

I have definitely been missing for a while (for those of you who didn't notice) but I'm.....

wait. 

Did any one notice?

Maybe not. But that's totally beside the point of my blog. Really. The whole point is to preserve my family's history and to make it into a book to give the kids something to laugh at when they're older. The fact that you're all here rooting me on is just one big huge bonus. 

(Plus maybe it's my favorite part. Maybe.)
The thing is, we really haven't been up to a whole lot. This little angel babe caught her first bug and lost 90% of all she ate for a few days. She and I both went through a lot of jammies since I was the substitute bucket. It's a really good thing that all she consumes is boob-juice because it makes for some very mild regurgitation. 

Anyone still reading? I'm so glad you love me, even though. 

We have been up to Eden a few times since I blogged last, with the adventures that always ensue. Did I take any photos? Nope. But there are some whopper projects that I'm about to dive into that you're going to get details on soon so hold on for that!
Mr. Caleb always takes photos of his adventures, since he's all good at it and stuff. Plus he'd lug a camera for miles in order to prove that he can catch trout like this one! 

This little miss has been hard at work as usual, at the usual hard work. Bikes. Mud. Dollies. The usual. 

And I? I have been hard at work too. It might even be the reason I haven't blogged. Our basement was finished, and with it came what is turning into weeks and weeks of work. Happy, fulfilling, organizational, house-refining work. It's taking so long because I only actually get to spend 1/2 - 1 hour a day on it, in those moments when all three are happy independent of my attention. 
This is the first day:
Honestly? It looks similar now. Only now the toys have a place to go if they happen to not be on the floor. There's some furniture, a bit more organization, and the computer desk that I'm sitting at right now, typing away whilst the little ones snooze. Maybe I'll blog about the other rooms tomorrow, I could use some advice on the arranging of things. I love to decorate, but all these white walls kinda make me crazy sometimes. How do I tame it?
I need you! Tell me what to do with all this celestial whiteness!

6 comments:

Sue said...

I thought you were the artsy one in the family, Jayne. Paint!!! Trees, rainbows, animals...I'm sure you get the point. Can't wait to see the end result.
Love ya.

Momma Monkey said...

Hey, I'm curious as to what camera and lens you guys use. Email me, speedygee10@gmail.com.

Becca said...

Bookshelves, like the ones you have upstairs, have saved my world. Organization and furniture in one!

Gr. Nette said...

Love your blogging, Jayne, and the pictures? awesome. You will be so glad some day that you have this wonderful "family history" and I'm so glad that you're sharing it with us on your way.....
Would your kind landlord allow you to paint a large tree of life (or something) mural on the wall?
love....gr N

karla said...

I have an Ikea wall sticki-up thing. It's a tree - I will donate if you want.

Jayne said...

Ha! You know me so well. Becca, I have a bookshelf down here just like the one upstairs and it has saved me.

A tree is exactly what I'd love on the big wall - with extended family photos "hanging" from the branches. I'm just finishing a 'tree of life' art piece for my Mom In Law, and I'm hoping she hates it so I can keep it:)

Unfortunately, the walls have to stay white. I love my landlords enough to obey any requests.