This girl goes through crayons. Do you realize how much you have to color to completely use up a crayon? Do you realize the amount of paper you can cover with a crayon?
I really really really do love trees. I love their shade and their life-giving oxygen and their natural jungle-gym-ness and their loveliness.
I really really really do love trees. I love their shade and their life-giving oxygen and their natural jungle-gym-ness and their loveliness.
But... I'm pretty sure Emmy has single handedly been responsible for some serious deforestation.
Why does paper have to come from trees? Could some one please invent a way to make paper out of old tires?
Because I love Emmy's drawings. I love watching her put her brain onto paper. It's an incredible insight into the way she observes her world. These are some carrots.
It's very difficult to get her attention while she's drawing. Especially if her tongue's sticking out - that's a good sign that she's way off in art-land.
These are mice. Why is she drawing mice? I couldn't tell you. She just is.
Some times when the table is completely strewn with papers the drawings will all be different versions of the exact same thing. One time it was Hot Air Balloons:
This particular balloon is grounded because of a rain storm. There are around 30 more hot air balloon drawings to go with this one, all different colors, in different kinds of weather and circumstances.
I am absolutely convinced that tiny brains work just as well, if not better, than mature brains. Their ability to observe and make conclusions is incredible.
Then some days every single drawing is completely different. Like this Spider in a Web that she whipped out one day. She even remembered that spiders have eight legs! That discussion took place a long time ago. I didn't tell her that there are four legs on each side - she came up with that herself. I'm telling you - kids are amazing.
She doesn't skip a beat when she draws either - she grabs a paper and immediately starts drawing, finishes it, sets it aside, and grabs another sheet. It's fascinating for me to watch.
I do realize that this may not be fascinating to you. But it is fascinating to me.
I do have one slightly redeeming quality when it comes to the way we go through paper - I buy reams of paper at the thrift store. That's kinda like recycled, isn't it?
I should probably go fold the laundry now. *sigh*

3 comments:
Emmy your drawings are so great! Can you draw a horse? I would love a picture of a horse. Possible eating carrots ;-)
I love that mice and the spider have the same exact smiley face. So stinking cute.
And i'm pretty sure her brain works much better than mine...she for sure draws better than me! Takes after her talented mommy.
I love drawing too, but I wish I could concentrate that well. I don't have much patience with myself to draw that much. Or motivation. Keep it up forever Emmy!
I LOVE this. Watching a little kid draw is one of my favorite things ever. Good job Em!
Post a Comment