Thursday, November 18, 2010

Frozen Garbage

It often surprises me how capable these tiny human beings are.  
We have a very long driveway, and we rarely haul the black garbage cans in from the road just because it's a pain and we're lazy. Plus Pete made a lovely spot in the flower bed for them, so it's all good. 

The kids offered to drive the garbage out for me. 

I promise. They really did. It would not be totally beyond me to ask them to do this, but on this particular occasion they offered. Just to clarify. 

You can't really tell in these photos, but it's freezing cold outside. Lower 30's. 

 So we gathered all the little grocery bags of garbage from the bathrooms and bedrooms and they loaded them up.

All told I believe there were 5 bags, which is a lot of little bags of garbage for a little pink plastic jeep.

But spirits remained high! Are these kids desperate for entertainment or what?
This is cheap labor at its finest, my friends.

This bag in the back was looking a little precarious...

Ahh. Yep. Didn't last long.
 They didn't notice.

Please keep in mind that it was 30 degrees outside. Was I outside with them?
Pshaw - are you kidding? I was enjoying my fuzzy bunny slippers and sipping something hot on the couch.
 Then I could hear Emmy yelling. From the end of the driveway, from the inside of my house.
That girl has some lungs.

Then the TV man pulled in to work at Pete's house, so I decided to be responsible for a minute and go get the garbage bag out of the middle of the driveway and break up the storm at the end of the road.
The yelling turned to screaming. So I ran.
Yes! You read that right! I, Jayne, ran.
Turns out Jonah wouldn't scoot over so she could stand on the passenger seat and throw the bags into the can. Is he 2? Yes. Very. Then I ran back to the house because Claire was playing on the living room floor and I was just hoping that she hadn't learn to crawl while I was out dealing with domestic disputes.

I wish I could report that the running in the frozen air didn't even phase me - but let's be honest here. I barely made it home.

I am such a fantastic mother! Three cheers for me!
*sigh*

4 comments:

Camille said...

Pahahahahahaha!!!! Can you imagine the disputes that would have happened if Hanna and I got our wish long ago for a plastic jeep and if we had garbage cans at the bottom of OUR road?! Keeps me regular just thinkin about it.

JoAnn said...

If you had got (?) a plastic jeep, it wouldn't have lasted a week on our road. Glad you're regular, Cam. Glad you're alive, Jayne!

Taylor and Mackenzie Nelson said...

He he he he oh my goodness. Seriously cute.

Hanna Banana said...

Don't worry cam, the disputes wouldn't have lasted long... I would just show up back at home and you would still be at the end of the driveway...that was really morbid, did i just write that?