Sunday, November 21, 2010

Right now

Teething Claire is sleeping (this is very good).

Oooey Gooey Chocolate Cookies are cooling on the counter.

Caleb is after meeting meeting at the Church.

Thinking about which pies to make. We're only assigned to bring four to the big family meal deal, but how can I narrow it down to only that many?

Fridge is humming a happy cool tune.

My tummy is rumbling. Because I made cookies instead of eating lunch.
A bad but yummy idea.

Faint, happy kid yells coming from outside.
Because today looks like this.

A very sweet neighbor boy is plowing our driveway.

Deciding whether to read 'The no-cry sleep solution for toddlers' (it's a real page turner) or 'The Grapes of Wrath'. 

Thinking about what my friend Becca said in Primary about the greatest service we will ever give will be within our own homes. She's not the first to say it, but she said it today. 
And I listened. And I felt it. 

It feels good. This home stuff. 

Claire's awake...

3 comments:

cami said...

I am in a trance from your poetry...

Amanda said...

This WAS a good Sunday!

Nellie said...

I love your blog. I was thinking about what I heard in primary today--when w??? said he serves his family by making eggs in the morning in his underwear. Oh, primary is the best place.