Monday, November 01, 2010

*Phew* It's over.

Halloween was good. It was very very good. Caleb had a company luncheon that day, which was basically the sum of our celebrating - which was perfect. 

First, we had to costume up. 

It was a lovely morning outside, despite storm warnings. 
You know the retired Sea Captain in Mary Poppins up on the roof who reports on the current weather inside the neighborhood homes? I'd love to hear his report on my home. He would probably have a standing forecast of whirlwinds and rain - but would often be surprised at how lovely the weather turned out instead. 
That was me being positive.

Any ways...
Emmy ended up with a Ballerina Princess. She decided that the fairy wings were "Too Buggie."

Super Jonah wanted to wear his blue crown in the pictures because Emmy was wearing her pink crown. He didn't actually wear it to the party - but he could have, right? Super King? 
I love his ears in this one. 

And Claire was a soft pink kitten.

I was her autumn tree that she climbed up and got stuck in. 

So then it was off to the Halloween party, where Soda Pop the clown (this is one of Caleb's co-workers wife, she was so awesome!) entertained the little ones (and the big ones) with a Magic Show, Balloon creations, Face Painting, the works. 

She really was great. Clowns in general are a little freaky, in my opinion, but she was very not freaky. 

Papa and Lala were "Tired." Don't they look awful/cute?

Then Levi showed up without a costume.... and then Levi showed up again without a costume. And one of them actually was in a costume. He won the costume contest, hands down.

Super Caleb did make an appearance. Apparently one of his powers was not showing up in any photos. He's amazing like that!
This is it. The only photo I have of Super Caleb. He's not even wearing his cape. Why don't I have one of he and Jonah? Why? Am I not the blogging maniac? Do I not have my camera on hand at every moment? 
I'm telling you, his powers were great indeed.

The storm did eventually roll in, and by Trunk-or-treating time it was a regular blizzard. So we packed ourselves up to Papa and Lala's cozy mountain resort and ate Pizza and enjoyed a lovely time together. 
All in all, a perfect way to spend an odd holiday. 
I'm done complaining about it and ready to start perfecting my pie recipes!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds like the holiday was celebrated with the perfect amount of spirit! You all looked great! :)

Camille said...

So hot right now! Send one of your perfect pies to me. yes thanks.

Holbrook's said...

I love the costumes!! And I want to officially volunteer to be a pie taste-tester!!

Gr. Nette said...

You Heber City-ites really do these up with a bang.
How very cute. I'm so glad Caleb married a darling wife so he could have adorable kids.
Luv ya, Gr