Saturday, December 18, 2010

A breakthrough

An amazing thing occurred at our home last night.
 I'm not talking about the fact that it actually snowed like Mr. Weather Man said it would for a change (I'm not bitter) but rather I'm talking about the fact... that...

 Let me back up a bit. Emmy's nearly 5 years old, right? Old enough for a baby sitter, right? By about 4 1/2 years?
 Well we had never hired a baby sitter before. Emphasis on 'hired', since Grammas and Aunts don't charge for their services.
 Can't say that any more. These two rug rats were officially baby sat.
It's not that we don't trust teenage girls with our kids. It's not that at all. It's just that we're weird.
We had the cutest baby sitter ever too! I've been telling Caleb for the three years we've lived here, "If we ever hire a baby sitter, it'll be that _______ girl. I love her." (See? Protecting the innocent again.)
 And what do you know it, on the night that we finally called, she was available! Lucky us.
 We went to one of my bestie's surprise birthday party. She turned 30. It totally surprised her, and she was adorable, and it was a lovely time! Aren't we brave for letting a baby sitter watch our kids? Aren't you impressed?
No, not really, you say. What's to be brave about, Jayne? You baby sat when you were 10.
P.S. The kids were asleep. The party wasn't until 9:30pm.

Still counts though, right?
Totally counts, since Jonah woke up and screamed for a while. Totally counts.

3 comments:

Camille said...

Does NOT count. Jonah still would have screamed if no one was there! wink.

JoAnn said...

Caleb, will you build a kids' sled hill at my house?

becca said...

This makes me happy.