Thursday, December 30, 2010

The days were accomplished

I have to admit this - I really really love the gifty part of Christmas. Everyone's always telling you to remember the true meaning, and that is what they should say because they're right. 
But the gifts are fun too. 

And this post is not about gifts. 

It's about the true meaning! Just needed to clarify. Something. 

Caleb was the chosen narrator this year for the annual nativity reenactment at the Kepsel home. He did splendidly! And the first time we did it (once is never enough, right?) he actually only read from the Bible. 
The subsequent nativities were a little more pizazzy. Sorry you missed it. 

And, before we go on, I must explain that during all of this I was very busy being a shepherd, so all of these photos are courtesy of Amanda. Bless her. 

 Leland was a fantastic Joseph. He was very good at demonstrating the dire need which Joseph must have felt to get to Bethlehem as quickly as possible.
Emmy was a lovely Mary, and since there's really no competition as to who else would play the part she's pretty set. 
Although Jonah was a little torn up about it earlier in the day. 

Lala made a very angelic angel, and the Shepherds were sorely afraid. 
I mean that in every respect. 
See? This is Claire's afraid face. She has natural acting abilities.

 Jonah was happy to be the wise man when he learned he could wear his King crown. And he specially requested that Katie join him.
 Loki joined in playing the part of all of the animals except for the Donkey, which Papa had under control.
This is Loki being the camel.

 Eventually Claire decided we were all looney, and made straight for the goodies.
I may or may not have joined her.

Oh yes, and what I was saying about gifts up there somewhere - I love the gifts. The giving of them mostly. But I also really really really love the reenactment of the Nativity. It is very possibly my favorite part of the whole month of December.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It was pretty epic this year, I must admit. And i have a feeling it's going to keep getting better each year. Thank you Jonah for letting me be a wise man with you! And I love the gift part too, especially the giving part. It was a bit weird drawing names...not sure i liked it...but much easier on the pocketbook. No need to resort to making sweaters for people...

Bethanie said...

I love that Wise Kate brought her gift of Kosher Salt to the newborn babe. Awesome.

Good job everyone!

Unknown said...

Salt was quite precious then...and He was a Jew...I didnt want to offend ;-)