Sunday, January 02, 2011

"I did great!"

December 30th is the birthday of Caleb's parents. Both of them. Isn't that kinda super cute?
For their birthdays this year they took us all bowling! You read that right. They took us. That's love, man. 
And that evening, Jonah found his new passion.
He'd pick up his 6 pound ball all by himself, lug it up to the line, and gently roll it down the lane.
Then we'd all sit back and chat for a few minutes while the ball meandered it's way toward the pins which would grudgingly give way when it nudged them.

 Did you know they make bowling shoes in a kids size 6? I didn't, and so was totally unprepared for the cuteness that awaited me. Kate was in the same boat as me. Caleb had to fan us to stop us from fainting.

 Emmy found the very pinkest ball she could, and luckily it was only 8 pounds. Which meant she and I together only needed a little bit of help to get it up to the line.

She only bowled a few turns and decided to sit the game out. Jonah was more than happy to fill in for her. 
After each turn (no matter how many pins were nocked over) Jonah would jump up, turn around, and run back to the benches with shouts of praise for himself. 

Claire was in charge of the computers, and did a lovely job.


We may someday own a bowling alley. You never know.

So then it was back to our house for cake and ice cream to celebrate these two Oldies (he he) and how much we really just adore them. Bill was really putting a lot of emotion into his birthday ballad for his sweetie. 
:)

Aren't they seriously cute? Seriously. And generous to boot.

3 comments:

Tess said...

AAhhh!! I think I need some fanning as well.
and I'm pretty sure we should talk Babo into instaling an alley somewhere in that house of his

Sue said...

Tell Bill that he looks so handsome and stylish in the new sweater. Somebody wonderful (and he knows who we are) must have bought it for him! I can't understand all his whining over it.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Mom and Dad! You two are the best! And dad your sweater was very handsome. And Jonah you did do great! He was sooooo stinking cute. Almost as cute as tiny bowling shoes ;-) If you guys ever buy a bowling alley, i'll come run the kitchen...just saying