Or the living room in this case. There is only one hall in our home and it's about 4 feet long and decked with other household debris - what was I talking about?
Every year I trick Caleb into getting a tree early in December. We always get a live one, and they never last all the way until Christmas. They look ok, but please don't get too close or all the needles will fall off.
But we get one any way. Because December 4th is my birthday and Caleb can't debate it on that day.
Tricky tricky tricky.
Jonah doesn't have many memories of last year - he was only 18 months after all. Emmy on the other hand is WAY into it all. He pretty much just follows her lead.
With every thing.
Claire thought we had all gone nuts, and she was probably right. Christmas decorating is nuts!
But it's so fun. I love pulling all my random ornaments out of the box. We really have some doozies. There is absolutely nothing matchy matchy about our tree, and we like it that way. Nothing against matchy matchy trees - I really think they are stunningly beautiful.
Can you imagine seeing something stunningly beautiful in my home? It wouldn't match anything! And it wouldn't last 5 minutes.
And then... after all the decorating was done... we got out....
THE VACUUM!
I know. What a novelty. I actually own one again. Only took me a few months.
My MIL went to Target with me and imparted of her wisdom as to which model to get, and we settled on this one because it had one perk that no other vacuum had.
The kids can vacuum all by themselves.
I hope this novelty never wears off.
I also hope the carpet doesn't wear off in that one spot that they vacuum over and over and over.
I was supposed to wish for something before I blew out the candles....
But after a few minutes of earnest pondering and candles starting to melt on the cake, I couldn't think of one thing I could possibly wish for.
I have it all, my friends.
Then Karla piped up "wish for no more kids for at least a year"
And we went with it:)

6 comments:
*contented sigh* yea for decking the halls, or something. And yea for happy, happy birthdays!
Have to admit that $5 fee is worth it. What a cute post. And yes, since we missed it, Happy Happy Birthday!
K Jayne, it's time to spill the beans on how you posted pictures again ;) I'm serious guys, my sister is a sneaky genius. She doesn't pay $5 for a new pair of pants, you think she'd do it for some digital pictures?!
I wasn't invited to the party?
I wasn't either Levi. but then again I didn't invite her to my party so I guess we're even
It wasn't a very exciting party Levi and Tess. My parents and I babysat so they could go to dinner and when they got back we stuck some candles in a cake. Sorry Jayne!
Post a Comment