I love gifts that come in a card that say something along the lines of "We're going to..."
In this case it was a Birthday card from my Mom and Sis in law telling me that we were going shopping! So as soon as the holiday upheaval settled (which was only a few days ago) we went.
I picked the store, they supplied the cash.
I'm trying to think of a better birthday gift... hmmm... nope, can't think of one.
There is much love here.The four of us went to All That Stuff in the Barn (in Midway) which is my favorite home-goods store ever. Don't get me wrong - I love me some IKEA. But only for certain things.
I got this little birdie, and I can't get a photo that does her justice. She's more of a tealish color than the steely blue that is showing up on my screen, and about 3 inches tall. I actually got one big bird and three little ones, but I'm questioning the righteousness of it. It's possibly too much of a good thing. I might take three back and just go with one birdie.
Oh the decisions I have to make every day!
I also got a really lovely white cake stand, which I've wanted for a while. If my cakes don't turn out gorgeous the least I can do is present them on lovely dishes, right? I know, so tricky.
Then they took me to dinner at our Favorite place - Tarahumara, which was the perfect ending to a girls night out. Thank you, Caleb, for holding down the fort for a few hours:) And a hugungous thank you to Mom and Katie - I love you lots and lots. Really.
Then it was JoJo's birthday, so it was off to her house on Monday. The 1/2 mile driveway is scary for the Goldilocks Van, so Tess (who was already up at JoJo's) drove JoJo's subaruby out to get us, which she proceeded to get stuck in her driveway (which is at the end of JoJo's driveway) along with JoJo's other white subaruby which she gotten stuck only the day before.
And she's calm under pressure.
We did eventually arrive at the destination, and the birthday bash was epic.
JoJo planned her own birthday party.
It included a grandkids-decorated birthday cake, pin the tail on the donkey, the drop-the-clothes-pins-into-the-jar game, party favor bags for every one (and one for Caleb, who wasn't actually there), balloons, hats, and red bead necklaces.
Best Grandma birthday party ever, Mom! You turned 52 with a bang!
6 comments:
First of all, you've got style. Second of all, you've got class. Third of all... Your three little piggies are the best piggies ever. Just sayin.
I'm stealing your job chart idea. Smart Smart! I think that will help Colin. Love it. You're kids are adorable. Hope all is well. :)
You are so cute! I love to read everything you write about. And I totally think you should keep the birds. It's just too perfect with a mama bird and her 3 little birdies.
Thank you for bringing your kids to my party - I had so much fun! Let's do it again next year!
Glad you had fun! We should do that more. And loved the museum this morning. Amazing. And i'm always amazed that you can do that too. So talented :-) And i love the birdies but if you take them back you had better get something else just for you ;-)
Katie is so beautiful!
Post a Comment