May I start this post with an explanation? Is that against the rules?
I've been trying to write this for 3 weeks. I've written it lots of different ways, and each one was bad bad bad. I can't sugar coat it because it sounds like I'm sugar coating it. I can't beat around the bush because it's obvious that I am.
The reason for this is that I have an undying need within me to avoid offending people. I will go through great lengths to avoid doing this very thing - although I often fail.
So I'm forgetting about all of the wordiness and I'm just going to give you the bare facts. No sugar, no beating.
I'm skinny.
I have always been skinny.
I have never ever tried to be skinny.
I have never been able to converse with a human being about the human condition without enduring some sort of "you're so skinny."
Will someone tell me how to respond to "You're so skinny. I hate you."
I spend an abnormal amount of time every day eating.
I eat a lot.
Growing and Feeding babies doesn't help the condition of course, but I was like this before the baby making happened.
I can not go more than 1.5 hours without eating.
This is sounding really serious, isn't it?
It's not really serious.
It's just me venting and I don't do this very often so thanks.
I have always worried about food.
About whether or not I would be able to access some at all times.
Where is all the food that I eat going?
Yes, Claire is a little chunker for sure, but really?
Is my food turning into energy or not?
I feel good as long as I've eaten really really recently.
One hour before Emmy was born I consumed 2 HEAPING plates of Grandpa Tom's Fettucini Alfredo.
This may be one of the top reasons I have to home birth. Ice Chips? Excuse me? You want me to do the most physically difficult thing of my life on ICE CHIPS?!
Ahem.
Since I have never worried about weight I have never really given my physical self much thought at all.
Because of this, I don't give your physical self much thought at all either.
You think you're heavy? That surprises me, since it's never even crossed my mind.
This is good and bad.
Yes, I see you for YOU, and not anything else, which is really good.
But it also makes me very insensitive and I think I get myself into trouble more often than I realize.
Your job is to please believe me when I say that I think you are absolutely beautiful, because it's true.
Weight has never been a concern for me, so it is not something I ever think about.
Yours or mine.
Thoughts of "you should exercise" recently entered into my consciousness, and it may have been the first time it's ever happened.
I have never exercised just for the sake of exercising.
Ever.
But I want to.
But I don't know how.
But but but...
Some one tell me what to do so I can get my buns back where they should be.
Oh yes, they are the same size as they've always been.
They're just not in the same place.
*snicker*
What if exercise hurts?
What if it interferes with my nap?
What if I have to take breaks to have a snack?
What if my snack is chocolate chip cookies?
What if I have to wear "exercise clothes"?
Any one out there still love me?
Good bye forever,
-Saggy saggy

8 comments:
AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA
I knew it. This whole post is about me and my fat isn't it!?!? Rude. ;-)
I have recently started Zumba classes and I LOVE them. So fun. You should get a dvd and do them with the kids, they would have a blast :-)
(and you will learn some sexy dance moves that Caleb will love tehe)
You always make me smile. I love you! :) I'm in the "my butt & boobs aren't where they used to be" stage too. Maybe someday I'll work on that.
Good job venting, Jayne. Now go eat something.
'aaaahhhhh relief'. :)
Don't worry we love you ANY way.
I am pretty sure you only wrote this because there must be a lack of food at your house...Just joking!! I love this post. I love your outlook on life. I love that you love people for who they are and for that matter love YOURSELF for who you are. I too love to eat...and eat I do, the difference being that I know EXACTLY where it all goes!! Though I will not lie, whilst sweating away at the gym I secretly curse you and your entire group of "I never have to exercise and get to eat whatever-I-want" skinny girls. (I have one in the family too...) But more than I curse you I love having friends that like food as much as I do and enjoy coming over and eating a HUGE bowl of salad with all sorts of goodies on it with me!! Thanks for seeing me for who I am and NOT for where my breasts currently reside...which is far too close to my belly button for my comfort!!
Oh ya, and Kate is right Zumba isn't exercise it just plain FUN!!! With the added bonus of shaping up any sagging that may or may not be happining!
Go skiing.
Post a Comment