Wednesday, January 05, 2011

"Mom! He came!"

We don't really reenforce the Santa Clause thing at our house (mostly cause it feels like lying) but our kids believe in him anyway. Which is, honestly, totally fine.

I think we slept in until about 6:30 Christmas morning, which is pretty good! Emmy ran out to the living room first just to make sure, then ran into our room. So classic.
The thin mints in the stockings were a big hit. 

 Glow sticks? Who stuffed these?

 Washable markers in Emmy's. I love whomever stuffed these stockings.

Isn't this photo quirky?

Caleb has very fond memories of his stockings as a kid, so his Christmas request is always to do the stuffing. A few days before Christmas you will find him in the local toy store filling his basket with small, inexpensive things.
Jonah was cute enough to turn me into Christmas morning moosh in no time flat. Please bless I only have girls from here on out, cuz I cain't handle it!

This is Emmy's 'I-really-love-this-but-I-can't-show-too-much-emotion' face.

And this is Claire's 'Why-am-I-awake?' face.
She didn't even get up until most of the gifts were open.
Party pooper.
Jonah had picked out some squeaky frogs for her while shopping with Daddy. She thought they were pretty cool beans. Took her a minute to come to that conclusion.

Jonah's ready to "Get the bad guys with my super snow goggles!"

And all of Emmy's dreams came true. This little Princess and the Frog doll was her only wish for Christmas.
I can only hope that their Christmas wishes stay under $10 forever.

Jonah's wish for Christmas was legos. Both of his Grandma's have them, and he loves them. He's pretty little still, but since they cost an arm and a leg we figured we better start collecting now so we can actually acquire a few before he leaves to college.
And maybe Caleb needed some. I'm just saying.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! The part about Caleb and legos i mean ;-)

I love the spirit of Santa Clause, such a magical part of childhood if done correctly :-)

And stockings really are so huge for us Kepsels. I love seeing it passed on to a new generation.

The pic of Jonah in the goggles had me laughing so hard. That kid...

Gr. Nette said...

Cute, so fun to look at. Almost as good as being there with you that morning. I hope Caleb is able to figure out the Legos sometime before Caleb goes to college, also.

Becca said...

We love the stockings part best, too. Also, we have zillions of very cool legos around here - send the boys over any time!

Tess said...

Lainey:
I love you Emmy, you're pretty funny.
I love you Emmy. you're sick too!
I love you Emmy and you're not sick!
I am sad from when you push me but it's ok.
I love you you playing not around me. no thanks.
I do love you emmy a lot!
Larry have a frog?
bye Emmy!

Holbrook's said...

Tien totally got those same "Happy" jammies...I couldn't resist. Love the Christmas morning.