I was trying to find a decent photo of my purple couches when I came across this one of Emmy from right after we moved here. Have we been here this long?
Then I got distracted looking at photos of baby Emmy and was thus verily amazed at how similar she and Claire look.
This is Emmy. But it could be Claire.
Anyways... the point that I was going to blog about is this: My purple couches are gone.
It's true. My lovely couches which Grandma Gwen reupholstered for me back in the day have gone to live with Caleb's parents, where they are currently enjoying a break from their time as jungle gym/trampoline at our house.
One of them left before Christmas so that we would have a place for our tree (we're living on a square footage budget here) and the other couch left just last week.
Which made for a great dance floor.
We may have been listening to Charlie Brown.
Vince Guaraldi really gets my kids going.
Then the new furniture arrived! New to us, any way. We traded with Caleb's parents. You see, I have the most fabulous taste in furniture, and Caleb's Mom practically worships my decorating, I'm practically famous, and she's been begging me for my couches for years, so finally I found the goodness in my heart to let her have them.
Plus they're going to look fabulous in her new house. Because I think she washed them.
And maybe I loved her leather couch.
Which she just gave me.
And her green striped chair, which I have long coveted.
Which she also just gave me.
The kids are really torn up about it.
They've been in total withdrawal about the loss of the purple couches.
I can barely get them to eat.
Send help.
And please disregard the laundry basket on the stool. Maybe it's so full that I can't lift it off the ground so I had to set it on the stool for future lifting purposes.
I also completely rearranged my bedroom, started hanging pictures in the basement, and folded 6 loads of laundry yesterday.
I know. Overachiever.


6 comments:
Dude. Hanna and I totally did this in the basement when we got our new couches. .... a few months ago. I don't know what it is about new furnature, but it makes me giggle. I guess your kids inhereted that from mua. I know the stripy chair isn't legally yours, but I would be willing to trade one of my lovely children for it. It would look so very nice in my room.
I DO love that green stripy chair! And yes the kids are looking quite depressed.
Goog thing our family isn't sarcastic at all
p.s. I totally thought that first picture was of Claire! I thought, when did she get all that curly hair?? Then i realized. And i couldn't say this in my last comment because it's not sarcastic and it would have appeared so considering my comment. Ok.
If you only knew how much I love your blogging to giggle me out of the depths of despair I feel sitting in my hole (otherwise known as Green River Utah). First time I've laughed all week. And the stripey chair is 100% legally yours - enjoy! "practically famous" haha!
Claire? Emmy? Twins? Wow!
Post a Comment