Recently in our home:
Emmy sidled up to me and, mustering as much of an air of importance as she could, stated "Mom, I do think the time has come to... Count My Dresses."
I'm not sure what I was expecting her to say, but this grand announcement left me slightly baffled and I dismissively told her "Great idea."
An hour or so later I found her in her room, with every dress out of the closet in a neatish pile, with all the hangers sorted into piles by color.
The dresses were each receiving a try-on as well.Jonah was giving his expert opinion on whether or not they still fit.
They were each given a twirl or two (or seven) to check the poofy-factor, which Jonah was also judging.
Emmy is an organizational wizard. She will organize anything, over and over again. Scarves, cloth diapers, baby spoons, rocks on the driveway - nothing is safe.
She and I made this to organize her ribbons and bows, and they get organized daily. She can also be seen wearing any number of them throughout the day.
Things might be dull around here some day, but that is not this day.
4 comments:
Oh Emmy - a girl after my own heart! Lala has 6 dresses. The red dress is on a red hanger, the brown dress is on a brown hanger (you get the picture)and they all hang according to length. WELCOME TO LALA LAND! iLOVE YOU! sorry jayne - it's in the DNA, although it seems to have skipped a generation :)
Yeah yeah
I'm in the middle somewhere. I'm crazy organized when it comes to other people's things (I could organize Amy's house all day long, and I'm a bit annoying about it) but my room is always a mess. Can't help it.
Emmy-- You're the best. Keep it up :) Love you!
I have been wanting to make one of those ribbon things too! You will have to teach me....before I break down and just buy one.
Post a Comment