Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Art on a platter

We're getting uber creative around here. Pancakes at our house used to be round. 
Not any more.

Emmy has been requesting flowers lately. We've gone through roses, tulips, daisies, cosmos (very little difference between cosmos and daisies when it comes to pancake interpretations, but she fell for it), and marigolds.
I decided to let them tell me what they wanted, and I would try to interpret it through pancake batter. We'll call it impressionistic art, since it's about as far from realistic as you can get. 


Then we upped it even one more notch. I know what you're thinking, "Is that even possible?" but oh yes, possible it was.
Now I just squiggle batter all over the pan, and once it comes out we decide what it's trying to be. Kinda like cloud watching, only with breakfast.
Please tell me you see a Teddy Bear doing an karate kick in the air here. 
Emmy insisted that it was a bear doing ballet, but I'm sticking with karate. 

We decided that this one was a turban-clad someone riding a magic carpet. Do you see it? He's heading towards the left. 

This one says "fetus in the womb" to me. It even has a little umbilical cord! Don't you see it?! 

My sister in law is with child. I have babies on the brain. 


Back to the subject of Artwork, I want to share my latest favorite of Caleb's photography with you. 

Someday he's going to believe me when I tell him he has talent.
Sorry you had to share a post with pancakes, dearest.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

You know, my first ultrasound picture was torn up and thrown away by my loving 3 year old.. the two day later confession was rather cute.. I think I'll just print off that pancake picture and use it instead. :) Thanks Jayne!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo!

Gr. Nette said...

I love the photo, Caleb!
The day at the zoo fantastic also, Jayne.
You mean to tell us that you allow
Emmy to choose her own outfit every day? (That's great)