Friday, September 02, 2011

One of the days (I'm not sure which, who keeps track of those kinds of things while at the beach?) we drove south to Newport and checked out the aquarium.
(Photo courtesy of the Aquarium's website)
Just the walk up to the entrance is gorgeous, so we knew we were in for a treat.

Claire had this look on her face for the next two hours. She was kinda creeped out/fascinated. 

Maybe because the first tank had a bubble in it for kids (that includes Caleb, remember?) to climb up in, and I think she was afraid of seeing Emmy pop up in the middle of every other tank after that. 

Speaking of creepy/fascinating.

I mean really, is there a better way of describing these things?

Super Ew Cool Scary.

The hands-on scene was a hit with my hands-on kids. 

(I didn't take this one either. Definitely stole it from the website.)
Aren't Sea Otters the cutest? Maybe it's the whiskers that get me, I dunno. He reminded me of The Wind in the Willows, I kept expecting him to speak to me.

Me personal favorite part of the aquarium. Hello, Sharky Sharky!
He didn't listen.

He was way too cool for the likes of me.

And now, just to leave things off with a bang, I give you the worlds worst family photo.

Really? The Mom is disheveled to the max and tired but smiling anyway, The Dad isn't even trying. The oldest daughter is doing something weird with her shirt. The Son is about to get dropped. The littlest girl is only there because she didn't have a choice.

Strange, because I don't remember feeling tired or disheveled. Ha! But apparently I was!

Having fun is exhausting sometimes. Good thing it's still fun:)

7 comments:

Tess said...

HAhaa in that last picture Caleb totally has that 'Jayne is making us do this but its the dumbest idea I've ever heard' look on his face

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! I love the family photo! So hilarious!

Unknown said...

I took that amazing family photo!!!! I'm quite proud of the masterpiece :-)

Unknown said...

And i love the jellyfish...which is why I took a million pic of them.

And the tank that the kids were in was a piranha tank. Claire might of looked like that because I was talking about how fast a piranha can strip the flesh off of a corpse...maybe.

And on that note...thanks again for letting me even be in the same room as your kids...I really hope it's doesn't scar them for life...

Camille said...

Katie, I'm scarred for life just thinking about you.

Jayne, BEST FAMILY PIC EVER! You completely captured all of your best features. You can always smile, Emmy is trying to have boobs, Claire is patient, Jonah is probably confusingly laughing at Katie's face, and Caleb is pretending to be grumpy so he will seem more manly.

Perfect.

Unknown said...

Hey Cami - get a bra.

Unknown said...

We are so not friends right now...