One of my lovely sisters, Tess, bought a camera. Being an artist, but also the mother of very small children, she was struggling with finding the time to get out the paints and create when there wouldn't be sticky fingers "helping."
Sound familiar?
Enter: Photography.
Beauty has been bursting forth from her ever since, and without any advertisement at all she is being requested by those around her to do portraits.
She was very hesitant to ask to photograph my kiddos, since Caleb is also a very talented photographer.
Luckily, he also has self esteem. When I asked him if he minded if she snapped a few of the kids, he answered "Why not? Why wouldn't she?"
Love that man.
We were only out there for a little while, and the lighting was less than perfect - but she still managed to create some lovely images.
That's skill, my friends.
Claire was teething and in a bad mood (well, you know, 'bad mood' for Claire anyway) but Tess still got some smiling shots.
Tess made me buy that hat. Do you like it? I was like "Uh... really?" "Yes Jayne, buy it. It's cute. Trust me."
If you ever happen to see me wearing anything fashionable at all, it's her fault.
We were waiting for Caleb to get home from work, so we went out to the field in the front yard to watch for him.
Turns out, he didn't come home until it was almost dark.
But hey! Aren't we cute?
Oh how I wish Claire was looking at the camera. And maybe not holding a fruit snacks package.
*sigh*
Can't win 'em all.
But this next one.
Favorite.
She's doing a great special through the end of 2011, so book her quick!
Not a paid advertisement. Ha ha ha! Can you imagine her paying me money to advertise for her on my blog? He he he!! That's a gas. Seriously though. I just wanted to share her talent with the whole wide world. Plus I love ya.

3 comments:
I love getting on your blog after a hiatus...there are always several posts and reading them feels as delicious as chocolate that I get to eat all by myself...thanks again for letting me in on this lovely little world of yours!
Oh and in case anyone needs any more encouragement to hire Tess...She got a photo of my whole family smiling and looking like we like each other, and that my friends is a major feat. My hubby likes to go all mug-shot anytime a camera comes out. But she did awesome! I am so so happy!
So cute! Good job Tess! If I had a family I would totally pay you to take pictures of us!
Post a Comment