A request has been made that I post something. The request was not to post something you might want to read. This you might.
My daughter is Great. Really Great. I am not sure that I could really relay how great she is. If you have met her you know. Great enough to Want to go fishing with me.
I find it fantastic that our 1/4 mile hike to the river takes an hour. Every bird pointed out, caterpillar petted and named and she actually asks for the Latin Names of the plants. (I thought learning all those names was worthless, I have found very few people who really care what all the plants around them are called. Turns out it's valuable information after all.)
This kid last summer got to try worm dunking, but I am not an advocate of a sport that requires more sitting than moving. Today, she got to try the fly rod. She's a natural. At fishing that is.
This is her first trout on a fly rod. I might add that it's larger than most fish that I catch. Most.
It IS larger than any fish other guys that I fish with ever catch.
Once she caught that fish it was Dad's turn. (I couldn't be out done by a girl, right?) That was little deterrent to this kid. A little line, a fly and an indicator attached to a stick and she was back at it.
There is the #2 post from the Husband. That is Twice you have made it through my mess of mental wandering. Nice job.





2 comments:
So cute! Your daughter is great :-) And obviously a great fisherwoman - at least better than Zack ;-)
Post a Comment