Sunday, February 26, 2012

Happiness is winter decided to be winter

My kids went sledding! In our yard! In real snow that almost covered the whole ground! 
It was a miracle. 
This winter has been beyond weird, I tell you what. The greatest comfort I have is in the fact that if I had to choose a Ski Season to sit out with morning sickness, this was the one. 
 This little guy can be timid at times. Sledding is not one of those times.

Claire, turns out, is quite the little snow lover as well. She had no need for me to be out there with her, she very happily climbed halfway up the hill, plopped herself down, and began munching.

Until Emmy decided that she needed to sled.

Which Claire was okay with.

Especially the going down part.

And, the going up part!
Reminded me a little bit of when I was little and my darling little sister Tess would pull me all around the yard in the wagon for "hours" because I was the princess and she was the horse. Until the moment where she got fed up with it and gave me a nice shove off the road into the mud and stormed into the house.

I think I got what I deserved, yes?

Where was I? Oh yes.

 One thing about snow - it almost always produces smiles.

Genuine, happy kid smiles.

Go to the thrift store, spend a few dollars on snow suits and sleds, and you'll get a million smiles as return on your investment.

As long as it snows.

See? I told you Claire smiles in the snow.

But oh just you wait. I took a few photos this afternoon, and maybe I'll post them... tomorrow. They have nothing to do with snow, but they caused many many smiles. On my face.

No comments: