Claire has a new favorite evening activity.
Fortunately for Caleb, his hair is too short to get tangled.I mean, I realize that we didn't actually evolve from monkeys, but sometimes I understand why that's the best they can come up with. The similarities can be striking...
Shortly after this nightly ritual, Family Home Evening began. Come, my friends, and join us.
Our Bishop challenged our ward to read the entire Book of Mormon, beginning January first, with the goal of finishing before we go on the Trek in June. I must say, it has been a really awesome experience reading it out loud to the kids, multiple chapters every night. In the past we've only gotten through a handful of verses at each reading, because we help them read it themselves. That's good too, but they're following the story line a lot better this time. Maybe because before it took us 18 months to finish the first book of Nephi.
For family night a few weeks ago I asked the kids if they'd like to act out one of the stories we had read, and they of course chose a war scene. There's a lot of battle stories in the book of Alma, you see.
So, without further ado, I give you:
The wicked Lamanite leader, Zerahemnah! (see Alma 43) and his evil henchman,
Uh... Claire!! Doesn't she strike fear into your very soul? It's the pink polka dots.
But have no fear, the powerful and uber righteous Captain Moroni will lead us to victory!
"Ha ha, Moroni! You will never conquer me and my mighty army!"
The battle commenced, and the blood shed was great.
Moroni of course eventually conquered, and Zerahemnah was forced to surrender.
And that's a wrap! Time for treats.


1 comment:
Jayne you have the cutest family that er wus. Can I have a family like yours someday? Thanks. :)
Post a Comment