Hi blog, it's me. Jayne. Here I am! I am here. Your creator and abandoner. Is that a word?
But I'm back. Physically, if not completely mentally.
Caleb bought me an iPad in hopes that I would blog more, wasn't that nice of him? If that's not encouragement I don't know what is. Although I am currently blogging from my best friend iMac because I can't figure out how to blog on the iPad without it being in HTML mode and I don't speak that language. Any thoughts?
A few weeks ago we had visitors.
A lovely lady and her two lovely daughters settled their wings on our home for a few days, and while I had never met them before, and it had been 10 years since Caleb had seen them last, it was friends at first sight. They were absolutely delightful, and we're looking forward to seeing them again.Caleb served a mission for our church way back in 2001, and down there in Alabama he met this woman and her then toddlers, and taught her the Gospel. They have kept in contact ever since, and this spring they road tripped out here to see the sights and meet the fam!
Naturally, a day at Temple Square in Salt Lake City was in order, and the day couldn't have been nicer.
Do you know I had never been in this building before? How many hundreds of times have I been to Temple Square, and I had never peeked in and seen the inside of the Assembly Hall before. It's beautiful in there!
Our friends had never been west before, had never even seen mountains before! So showing them the sights was such a treat. My kids kept asking them what they thought of our mountains. My littles have never seen plains before, so the thought of no mountains cracks them up.
We ate lunch at the Lion House Pantry, which means my day was perfect.
The next day Emmy and I had a party to attend (more on that later) and the girls asked Caleb to "take them on an adventure in the mountains."
Little did they know what was in store.
Caleb has this thing for back roads, you see, and his 4Runner likes them too.
They survived the back roads over the mountains to our lovely Cascade Springs, and Caleb packed a lunch but forgot the bread for the sandwiches...
But I heard their "picnic" was nice anyway.
I also heard, the next day, her say to my MIL: "We asked him to take us on an adventure, but that was a little more than we were expecting!"
The girl's first snowball fight! This thought of never seeing snow before really did a number on my kids too.
Jonah was along for the ride as well, but he was only conscious for the first half.
Adventuring can be very exhausting.





1 comment:
Good Blog!
Post a Comment