Sunday, August 19, 2012

A good day

Once upon a last week, my Seester and progeny were slumbering at my house, because that's ours and theirs favorite thing to do. Upon arising in the morning, we remembered that it was our little younger brother's birthday! And he just happens to work at Sundance Resort which is relatively close to my abode. 
So we made cupcakes. With blue frosting, because that's his favorite color. Then we called up his completely adorable Fiance' (woot woot! He's engaged!) and planned a surprise rendezvous at his work.

It worked! He was totally surprised and beamingly happy to see us. And the cupcakes. I don't have a photo, so paint yourself one in your imagination. 

 The cupcakes were happily inhaled.

A toast to CJ and his birth and his 24 years of life!
Jonah? You ok?

Oh those black eyes. I'm drowning.

 Someone throw me a life preserver.

 Ha! There we go. A photo.
I think the kiddos like him.

Oh, side note, he's engaged, right? Get this: He made her ring. As in carved and polished and loved it into existence.
 It's almost as lovely as her.

 Can't wait for you to be officially eternal!

Have you ever been to sundance resort? Dahlink, it's Gorgeous! I said as much to CJ, and he replied "I know! Every day I get here and I am like 'I can't complain! There is nothing wrong with my life!'" Which has kind of been his outlook for his whole life. But still, it's lovely there.
And then, because CJ was at work and needed to, ahem, work - we headed out.
 But we didn't go far! There happens to be a very kid-friendly hugungeous waterfall complete with shallow pools and streams not far from there. So we visited it for many hours.

And much happiness ensued.

Also much exhaustion, but it was worth it. At one point I turned to my Tess and said "Do you think Mom felt this tired after doing things like this with us? Every week? All the time?" to which we agreed she probably did, and we reveled in our amazement of her for the billionth time.

The end.

3 comments:

JoAnn said...

Happy!

Claire said...

Happy bowday choo you cheesjay! Take da wapper off. Messy happy face!

Holbrook's said...

love.the.ring. oh man. too awesome!