Guys. I have something to share that is thrilling to me. Maybe only because I'm pregnant, but maybe not. Nope, pretty sure I'd be thrilled either way.
Look at this beautiful book.
It's precious. It was just released and my Mama gave me her copy to read because mine hasn't arrived yet.
It's a book all about birth, and the spiritual journey that it is for every mother, regardless of her experience. Home birth, hospital birth, cesarean, adoption, it's always a beautiful thing. It covers topics such as constant nourishment, fear, pain, healing from loss, postpartum recovery, and most importantly; the spirituality that ties everything together. The book is a collection of essays from nowadays mothers, stories of mothers from the scriptures, women from history, and quotes from LDS Prophets and Apostles.
But wait. Look at what happens on page 34.
That's me! Jayne K.
The author, Felice Austin, is a life long friend of my dear Aunt Bethanie, and a few years ago she began collecting essays for her book. My Aunt let me know about it and so I said sure and I fired off an email to Felice with my story. Easy peasy. But she liked it! So it's in there, and I'm honored beyond belief to be a part of this book.
I'm kind of almost but not really even close to being a published author.
And now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go finish reading it. All 507 pages of it. Today.
4 comments:
Very cool honor, for a very lovely mommy.
you're an author and i am in it! I think i'm going to go write that on my bucket list and cross it off...
like
I'm going to need to borrow that when your done!! Awesome!
Post a Comment