Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Little bunny foo foo

This year's easter egg hunt may go down in history as the best one ever. Partly because the weather was perfection and we were with beloved family and the eggs were delightful and the baskets were filled and the springtime air was full of freshness.
And partly because Katie made my children the coolest hats on the planet.

Right? Can we all be agreed that she wins? Oh good, I like it when we all get along.

The ears on the bunny hats flop so perfectly. They're so soft and sweet! But don't even get me started on that carrot hat. 
Oh, too late. I'm started.
I LOVE IT!

Come, follow me, and we shall have much fun.

Ahhhg, there's that hat again! It's so Rastafarian, vegetarian, hippy, chic, cool, man.


Oh dear. I just melted. I'm a puddle on the floor. Hello, baby. I want to eat you.

The hunt lasted a good long time, which is great. Plus super-organized-perfecto-Lala color coded the eggs, so they each had their own colors to find. Genius! Why had I never done that before? The difficulty of the hiding spots was great, Emmy had to look extra hard, Claire found just as many as the other kids; perfect.

Millie was falling asleep in my arms, it was way past her nap time. Poor little sleepy face!
She and I went inside, and the egg hunt continued.

We were at Papa and Lala's house for the weekend, down in Price. It was SO NICE down there! Gorgeous sunshine. We were loving it.
Not that there's anything wrong with living in the frozen mountain tops. It's just nice to see spring outside when it says 'spring' on the calendar. 

Hey, Carrot top!
As far as my kids go, no luck on getting a redhead (yet, he he!). Jonah might have to do.

Papa and Lala have spent the last year remodeling the interior of the house, and are already busy on the exterior. Every time we go down there we see more grass, more plants, more flowers and rock work. They are both incredible gardeners, I have learned so much from them! And I need to learn SO much more!

See? Look at this fence. Cute, right? I love the color of the door. 

Oh yes, the easter egg hunt. I'm easily distracted, did you know that? I need to do the laundry and vacuum Jonah's bedroom (why are boys so smelly? I promise he bathes) and wait, is this tuesday? Are the library books due? Oh yeah, easter egg hunt.

I love blogging about happy things. It seems like the more often I blog them, the more often they happen. Or, you know, there's always the possibility that it's all in what you're looking for in life. Which just means I should blog every day, right?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a fun weekend! The kids were adorable and sweet!

Unknown said...

So cute! Love the hats Katie, you're very talented! And yes Jayne, you should blog everyday ;)

JoAnn said...

RIGHT!

Sue said...

I think Lala had as much fun as the kids! They are getting so big!