Would you like to psychoanalyze me for a minute? Ok.
I have but two outdoor activities that thrill me beyond measure; Skiing and Mountain Biking.
When I got married, what did I do? I taught my husband to snowboard. ?
Then last year, what did I buy him for his birthday? A Road Bike.
I can do both of those things, but there is no comparison for me. I would ski over snowboarding any day. I'd ride off into the mountainous dirt over riding down a traffic infested road hands down every time. I enjoy snowboarding, and I enjoy road biking. But I only have two true outdoor loves.
Meanwhile, Caleb has fallen in love with road biking, and I'm so happy for him. He recently acquired a new(er) bike, and named it Gomer. Don't ask.
He named it that because apparently you're a Gomer if you have mismatched tires. I'm not all up and hip with the road biking fashion world, so my opinion only matters to me, but I think his orange tire is rad.
Between growing, birthing, and nursing the babies, I don't really get out on my bike in the mountains very often. I do get out around town with the trail-a-bike and the kid trailer and so on, and while that is seriously fun it's a completely different kind of fun. SO. Last weekend when we headed down to Price for Easter, I asked Caleb to load up the mountain bikes instead of the road bikes. Because we were going to the desert, and deserts are fun.
I really only encouraged Caleb to start road biking so that he would later see just how much more fun mountain biking is. Twisted, yes.
And what's a bike ride without pausing to take the "looking serenely off into the vast distance" photo? Actually this photo was an accident. But whatevs.
Do you see the ridge we're riding down?! So cool, man! This is actually the end of the ride, but it was a great way to end it! It's called 'Devil's Backbone' which is so cool and stuff.
Here's our map. See the black spot where our ride ended? That's actually where our ride began as well. We just forgot to tell the spiffy computer that. We were halfway up the cliff side before we remembered that we have to digitally gps computer tracking system sign ourselves into something before we do anything otherwise it's like it's not even real. What a world.
It was cool to be riding along above Price like that. The trail gets ridiculously close to the edge a few times. The view was great!
Oooooh, speaking of good views...
;)








3 comments:
That was my favorite trail run when I lived there. I ran it almost every day.
You two ride it, Levi runs it, but I love to walk it. Just as enjoyable. So happy you all enjoy the Price trails...come again.
so fun! I am a huge chicken when it comes to bikes...my super easy to ride comfort bike is about as good as it is going to get for me.
Post a Comment