We had a birthday in our house, and with birthdays come cousins! We're having a cousin influx right now, because our long lost cousins from California just moved here!
It's a whole lot of happy chaos around here.
Jonah is lucky enough to have two boy cousins his age, and now they both live near us!
I'd say that's pretty lucky.
The cousins stayed the night, because the next morning was Jonah's big day. My little man is Five years old. *sigh* I sure like him.
Squirt guns. Yes.
We headed down to Salt Lake in the afternoon to go to the Hogle Zoo...... forgetting that it was spring break. We're home schoolers, we can't be expected to know things like that. Or something.
It also happened to be the most gloriously gorgeous day that we had been blessed with thus far this spring.
Everyone in Utah, and perhaps the surrounding states as well, was at Hogle Zoo. We couldn't even get to the parking lot. So we skipped the zoo and went to a nearby park instead. We'll try the zoo next week.
Because I'm such an awesome Mommy, I brought cupcakes. Another way that I demonstrated my awesomeness was by forgetting candles. (blerg).
Fortunately, JoJo is able to find a cure for anything in nature, and she produced 5 candle-sized sticks to use instead. Bless her.
Jonah thought that was pretty funny.
And much chocolatey happiness ensued.
Amelia and Kate both found their happy place.
So did Jonah.
Jonah is my happy place. Five years? Really? Amazing. So many things have happened in the last five years, and you were along for the ride. I imagine the next five years will be even more eventful, but let's avoid the ER in our adventuring, shall we?
"Whatcha thinkin about, Jonah?"
"I'm just making up a little song called 'Jonah there's a place in the sun'".
(That's really what he said.)
"What do you want to do when you grow up?"
"You mean when I'm a Dad?"
"Yep."
"I want to be a Dad."
"Oh good! Anything else?"
"You mean and a Dad at the same time?"
"Yeah, like for a job, to make money for your family."
"Oh. I'll be a mountain climber."
"Good one."
"Mom, my favorite color is Green, but I really like Yellow. Isn't that so weird?"
"And one time there was two spider mans, but one started being bad, so he slowly turned gray and then he was all black. Because he didn't choose the right. I saw that in my book."
"Mom, yesterday I was four, but I kinda looked like I was five, don't you think? Because today I'm five, but I look the same as yesterday. That's so weird!"
Happy birthday, Mr. Five. I think you're pretty cool stuff.


3 comments:
I keep finding myself looking for a "like" button on blogger...alas it isn't there...so consider this post as being "liked" by me.
He's a sweet dude, that Jonah! Happy birthday!
Good birthday memories!
Post a Comment