Friday, April 04, 2014

Jonah Ben

Whatcha doin, Jonah? Making something? Oooooooh, chocolate cake, you say? That's my favorite. Yours too? What's that? It's a birthday cake? For whom? YOU?!
 HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JONAH!

Lots of caps for you, because I lurve you.

Daddy came home for breakfast, because waiting for him to come home for lunch is brutal. And we can't open presents without him!

Jonah is the sweetest. Did you already know that? He's always so thankful when he opens his presents, and excited to share them. As in; "Millie! Look at the Hulk! Isn't he awesome? Want to hold him?"

 Jonah is the only man child, and he gets some special attention because of it. I won't deny it. His sisters really love him, and for good reason.

 We rounded up a few best buddies to share our chocolate cake with.

Apparently six year old boys are "the coolest" because our little two year old boy couldn't get enough of them. They are one of my favorite creatures, as well. I'm SO grateful for these good boys whom Jonah adores. They're good kids.

Six is still so innocent! They're silly, wacky, and odd, plus holding Mom's hand in public is still completely acceptable.

Daddy was riding his bike home from work for the cake eating event, so we were stalling. It was a gorgeous sunny day when he left for work, but the ride home was windy and... snowing. A lot. Yes. Utah springtime!

 So we played. And eyed the cake. And took pictures. Until he arrived! Safe and frozen!

 Happy Birthday to You, Dear Jonah!

 One fell swoop!

He's growing up. Slowly but surely, but not slowly enough. The years are starting to feel more fleeting, now that they're not all tiny any more. He grew three inches since his last birthday, and I'm seeing it clearly.

I hope he realizes that when he grows all the way up and is living in a family all his own, I will still be his Mommy. I hope he doesn't forget it. I don't think he could, though, because I plan on reminding him often.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIDDO!! He's still 4 to me. I think he'll be that age in my mind... possibly forever :)

JoAnn said...

Be still, my heart!

Holbrook's said...

Love this kid! Happy birthday Jonah!!