Monday, June 09, 2014

The Big Day (part 3)

I'm not done blogging yet!

After the ceremony we took a few more photos, like this beauty;
which shows that apparently we're too many people to get all the faces smiling and perfect. But it's still great!

Then we headed to the tent!
We had some time to mingle and socialize and check out the delicious jam display.

Then we ate! And ate and ate and ate.


 And drank delicious fruity sparkly lemonade beverages.

And took selfies!

Selfies were happening all over the place. 
Hi, Aunt Sue! 

We checked out the cake multiple times. Jonah was stoked purely on the fact that it was cake. Claire was enthralled by the color. Emmy was mesmerized by the floral frosting creations. 

The girls played with the other flower girl, who was too little to actually toss petals but was adorable just the same.

And the sun began to be sleepy and slide down the sky and cast it's evening rays of happiness all over everything.


But we weren't getting sleepy! There was still plenty of party going on.

Evening light is so cozy, isn't it?

Good food, great company, and a seriously happy occasion. 

The tent was alive with happy voices, clinking dishes, and general joy.

Claire decided that wearing her petticoats on the outside of her dress made a much better effect when spinning. We had to agree!

When the dancing began these kids were the first ones out on the floor.

Jonah was dancing with any lady who would have him - and I guarantee he didn't get turned down once.

I love the way kids move to music. I wish I could! 

My dancing is only acceptable because I'm always with a child, and that makes anything acceptable. 

Cutest Papa ever.

Jonah met a new cousin, and they had a great time playing. Boys playing is the best.

And he taught Claire some sweet new moves. I don't know who taught them to him, but I assume it was no one. 

This photo sums itself up. Lurve.

 The evening became night, and still the candles burned and the music played and the happiness went on and on.

If Jonah wasn't on the dance floor, he was right here. Just making sure the cake was still there. And patiently waiting to consume it.  

Which eventually we did!

We stayed past the kid's bedtimes, and after Amelia had already fallen asleep twice. They trudged sleepily to the car and we headed back to the lake, full of food and music and happy memories.

Levi and Lauren, well done. And thank you so, so many times for inviting us to share your happy day. 

1 comment:

JoAnn said...

What sweet sweet memories! And your dress was super cute Jayne - you looked so pretty!